We have a small, veteran engineering team focused on delivering a great product the right way. If you have experience building and maintaining enterprise-grade web applications and are looking to make an impact within a profitable, scaling startup we’d love to hear from you.
Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end. Build new functionality for internal and external users. Collaborate with the team to improve codebase and product experience.
Who We’re Looking For
We need somebody who enjoys being a generalist… working with frontend and backend to solve problems and make Ambition better.
Listed below are several of Ambition’s values, we’re looking for
engineers people who believe in what we believe.
- Listen to what people want, deliver what they need
- The difference between good and great is in the details
- Strive to do a lot with a little
- Have strong opinions that are weakly held
- Be honest, even when it hurts
- When in doubt, over-communicate
- Bias towards action, opt for collaboration
- 3+ years experience with Python development
- Django experience preferred
- React experience preferred
- Experience developing/consuming REST APIs
- Experience writing tests, breaking code, writing more tests
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, Celery, Salt, AWS, Docker, Salesforce would be helpful
- Experience scaling SaaS product from 100 customers to 1,000+ would be helpful
- A product-centric culture where smart professionals hold customer experience to extremely high regard
- Efficient development environment, we’ve written a lot of great tools so that you can focus on productivity
- Ability to write-test-deploy every day, very streamlined process with a lot of flexibility
- Extensible, documented codebase with up-to-date packages. It’s not perfect but it’s better than most
- One scheduled meeting a week. We prefer conversation, whiteboarding, and pair-programming
- Flat hierarchy with (technical) CEO serving as the Product Owner, CTO serving as Chief Architect
to email@example.com and we’ll
be in touch!