Caper builds smart shopping carts – powered by deep learning and computer vision – to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go’s infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
– Open-minded and eager to learn
– Highly organized
– Extreme ownership of projects & assignments
– Hard working
– Strong Ruby and Rails experience is required. Strong Python or Nodejs and corresponding framework experience can be equivalent.
– Solid knowledge of SQL database
– Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
– Familiar with Linux/Unix environment and command line tools
– Familiar with Git source control
– Solid knowledge of Operating System
– Solid Knowledge of data structure and algorithm
– Involve in system and architecture design with project lead and CTO
– Build backend services as well as frontend features based on feature needs
– Communicate with business team/clients to add new features
– Stay challenged, happy and fulfilled!
Salary: $80 – $110k
Equity: 0.1% – 0.2%
Location: NYC — Greenpoint, Brooklyn