The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
Our Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for a Senior Application Developer to join our product and engineering team and be a part of creating our consumer and client-facing products. You’ll be working directly within a team of developers, product managers, and designers who are building a suite of products helping our users navigate their careers, from seeking career advice to researching and finding their next dream job, as well as tools for our clients in attracting the best possible candidates.
In this role you will report to the Director of Engineering, and will be working to inform the technical design in addition to extending the implementation of existing products and creating new ones. We primarily utilize React, Python, Nodejs, AWS, and Postgres to build our products while using an iterative approach to our software development. Don’t worry if some of those are new to you, as we are looking for someone who has a history of building great software, asking the right questions, and looking to have a positive impact on the teams they work with.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll build new features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs. Your work on our backend systems and bridging them with our frontend will help us create modern, lean, well-built web applications that grow and improve every day.
- You’ll help make sure our entire stack is always up to date and have the opportunity to contribute to many great tools in the open source community.
- You’ll offer mentorship and guidance on the best ways to design and implement new functionality on our products.
- You’ll work with product managers, designers, and other engineers to turn product ideas and concepts into reality.
- You’ll be a voice in our technical and product roadmap.
Why we’ll love you
- You are a strong programmer capable of writing high-performance production quality code.
- You are confident in your skills with technologies across the web stack. And though we use Python, Django, React, Nodejs, AWS, and Postgres, we’re happy to learn about and utilize your experience with other platforms and stacks.
- You have experience building and production-izing end-to-end systems at scale.
- You like to move fast – our team uses continuous integration and deployment practices to push to production multiple times every day following an iterative approach to developing new features.
- You’re fanatical about finding the right tool for each job. We like to pick technologies because they make sense. We’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- You are committed to quality! Someone who’s willing to tackle technical debt and constantly evolving our processes to keep us on our toes.
- Like us, you’re all about cross team mentorship and professional growth.
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.